The Focke-Wulf Fw 190, designed in 1938, was a versatile German single-seat aeroplane which became the backbone of the Luftwaffe’ fighter force during WWII. Except its main role as a day fighter (A-series) it was also used as a fighter-bomber and ground-attack aircraft (F models). It was an all-metal monoplane powered by a BMW 801 radial engine. The Fw 190A-6, produced in 1943, was fitted with a redesigned and lighter wing and mounted two fuselage machine guns and four cannons in the wing roots and outer wings, while the A-7 had larger-breeched fuselage machine guns and could have bigger calibre cannons installed in the outer wings. A centreline-mounted rack for drop tank could also be fitted. Both variants saw combats on all major battlefields during 1943-44 and became the mounts of the Luftwaffe’s most successful fighter aces.
Colour schemes included in the kit:
1) Fw 190A-6, White 5, Walter Nowotny, 1./JG 54, Luftwaffe, Eastern Front, summer 1943
2) Fw 190A-6, Green 1, Hans-Joachim Herrmann, Stab/JG Herrmann, Luftwaffe, Bonn-Hangelar Air Base, Germany, August 1943
3) Fw 190A-7/R11, Yellow 1, Klaus Bretschneider, 6./JG 300, Luftwaffe, Rheine Air Base, Germany, March 1944
4) Fw 190A-7, Red 13, Heinz Bär, II./JG 1, Luftwaffe, Störmede Air Base, Germany, April 1944